Garden State Judo Classic Sponsors
Attn: All 2016 Judo Competitors,
Welcome to our tournament web site and good luck to everyone competing in 2016. North Jersey Judo will be hosting 1 tournament this year at the Boys & Girls Club Of Clifton sanctioned by USA Judo. The date will be Sunday, May 22, 2016
Tournament competition areas will be fitted with Swain Dollamur Flexi Roll Mats
North Jersey Judo rents high quality Dollamur/Swain Flexi Roll Mats so competitors can rest easy knowing they are competing on a high quality surface. Below you will find important information concerning this tournament. Again I wish all competitors best of luck at the Garden State Judo Classic and throughout the 2016 Judo tournament season.
Head Instructor | North Jersey Judo
Tournament Director for 2015 Garden State Judo Classic & 2015 NJ Judo State Championship
587 Newark Pompton Turnpike
Pompton Plains, NJ 07444
WHEN: Sunday May 22, 2016
WHERE: Boys & Girls Club of Clifton
181 Colfax Ave.
Clifton, NJ 07013
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
Anyone with a current member ship with USJF, USJI or USJA.
WHAT RULES:Modified IJF, True Double Elimination. No Chokes in any rank under Brown Belt.
2 minutes for PeeWee, 3 minutes for Juniors, 4 minutes for Senior Elite. In case of a tie at the end of regulation, Golden Score will be in effect.
REGISTRATION AND WEIGH IN:
- Ages 4 – 6 years old. All Ranks 9AM – 9:30am Will be grouped in pools of 3 or 4 as close to age, weight, rank as possible.
- Ages 7 – 8 years old. All Ranks 9:30AM – 10AM Will be grouped in pools of 3 or 4 as close to age, weight, rank as possible.
- Ages 9 – 10 years old 10AM – 10:30AM White to Orange & Green to Purple Will be grouped in pools of 3 or 4 as close to age, weight, ranks as possible.
- Ages 11 – 12 years old 10:30AM – 11AM White to Orange & Green to Purple Will be grouped in regular divisions Light – Medium – Light Heavy - Heavy.
- TEENAGE MALE & FEMALE 11AM – 12NOON White to Orange & Green to Purple Will be grouped in regular divisions Light – Medium – Light Heavy - Heavy.
- SENIOR MALE ELITE: 12:00noon – 12:30pm A) Elite Black 132 – 145 – 161 – 178 – 198 – 220 – Heavy
- SENIOR FEMALE ELITE: Weigh in 12:00noon – 12:30pm Light – Medium – Light Heavy – Heavy
- SENIOR BROWN: 12:00noon - 1:00pm A) 132 – 145 – 161 – 178 – 198 – 220 – Heavy
- SENIOR FEMALE BROWN: Weigh in 12:00n – 12:30pm Light – Medium – Light Heavy – Heavy
- SENIOR MALE NOVICE: 12:30PM - 1pm A) 132 – 145 – 161 – 178 – 198 – 220 – Heavy WHITE TO GREEN
- SENIOR FEMALE NOVICE: Weigh in 12:30PM – 1PM Light – Medium – Light Heavy – Heavy WHITE TO GREEN
- MASTERS MEN (40yrs & older): Weigh in 1pm – 1:30PM A)OPEN RANK Light – Medium - Heavy
HOW MUCH (PLEASE NOTE NO REFUNDS):
- Competitors Registration for first weight division is $50.00 mailed in by May 17, 2016
- Competitors Registration for second division is $70.00 mailed in by May 17, 2016
- ALL MAILED IN REGISTRATION NON REFUNDABLE
- Competitors LATE Registration for first weight division is $60.00 second div $80 at the door
All competitors in divisions 8 years old and under will receive an award for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place. All other divisions awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.
FOOD: Will be sold at the tournament site.